Midrand (South Africa)
Contract position in the Telecommunication Industry
Posted by WolfMurray Search on 24/11/2016.
A leading Telecommunication Company is looking for a Skilled, Well Spoken well written individual who can work as a team player with service/project orientated behaviour. As a Cloud Candidate, will work in an environment where fast educated decisions may save the day, however quality and perfection are their major objective.
Ability to work independently in all phases of systems analysis activities
Ability to prepare and maintain technical documentation
Ability to pro-actively learn new technology, processes and soft skills
Keen interest in continual learning and professional development
Flexible, self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure in an international and culturally diverse organization
- Opportunity for work in Cloud Service Provider environment which is providing high availability for variety of customer infrastructures
- Design, deploy and maintain virtual infrastructure solutions based on VMWare Virtual Infrastructure
- Be a Subject Matter Expert on VMWare Virtual Infrastructure including architecture, DR, backup and HA
- Provide fault, configuration, performance, and security management
- Participate in or lead projects, working closely with various IT functions and vendors
- Review existing technology implementations and suggest and implement improvements and upgrades
- Use and evaluate the most advanced tools, technology, and product design solutions that support Cloud Services.
- Maintain awareness of the foundation that virtual infrastructure provides for the delivery of services.
- VMware software upgrade into the Dev and Test environments, recommend and approve upgrade releases for production environment
- Implementation, configuration and support of latest blade and cloud technologies
Qualifications and Skills
- VMWare administration with Linux or Windows server background
- Hyper-V administration
- Excellent knowledge of clustering & high availability
- Excellent knowledge of networking – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT/PAT, VLANs
- Good knowledge of SAN architecture, Multipathing, WWNs, iSCSI
- Good knowledge of external Disk Arrays, RAID levels, NFS
- Good knowledge of blade and blade enclosure systems
- Experience in scripting for automation: Windows PowerShell, VBScript.
- Certification in any of the technologies listed above is considered as advantage
- Analytical problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- Experience in a technical support or project delivery position in a large client/server environment
- Understanding of ITSM/ITIL processes advantageous.
- CISCO experience
- Cloud experience
- VM experience
- VM certificate from CompTIA
- Firewall experience
- BSc degree in IT is advantageous
- 3rd line support experience
If you have the relevant skill set, we look forward to your application.